The best weapon you have against this annual weed is crabgrass preemergence herbicide and in this post we tell you how to get rid of crabgrass from your landscape. You apply this product in the spring before the crabgrass seed sprouts. This granular herbicide works by creating a chemical barrier at the surface of the soil. As the seeds begin germination, they take in the herbicide and die.
Steps To Getting Rid Of Crab Grass
Once this troublesome weed has gotten started in your yard, there are several things you can do to get control over it. The step or stage that is best for starting will depend on the season in which you begin.
- Keep crabgrass seeds from spreading.
- Kill existing crabgrass.
- Remove dead crabgrass plants.
- Replant bare lawn spots with new grass seed.
- Apply a crabgrass preventer at the appropriate times.
- Set your lawnmower at the high end of the range that is best for your grass type.
- Restrict excess fertilizing or too-frequent watering.
- Keep your lawn healthy as the most conducive way to get rid of crabgrass.
Well you don’t have to worry about doing all the above steps. Let us take care of your landscape while you sit back and relax. Call Honey Do LLC at +1 419-720-0133. We are the best Project Management Company in our region.